Once you have already imported some products into the Products Catalog, updating those existing products is very easy!
To do so, simply set up a CSV file with the new product information that you would like to update, and follow the steps below.
1) Click on the Products Catalog icon at the top of the left-side menu panel:
2) Next, click on "IMPORT ⮟" at the top left corner of the page, and select "Update existing products" from the drop-down menu:
3) In the pop-up that appears, click "PICK A CSV FROM YOUR COMPUTER" to select the file for upload:
4) Once you've selected the file, please review the three options at the bottom to confirm the type of updates you would like to do:
Update only empty attributes of existing products - If checked, empty attributes of existing products will be updated from the CSV file, and existing attribute values will not be affected.
Replace existing product images - If checked, existing product images will be removed and replaced with images from the CSV file. If unchecked, images from the CSV file will be added in addition to the existing product images.
Ignore blank CSV cells during import - If checked, any blank cells in your CSV file will be ignored, and the existing attribute values will not be affected.
5) Once ready, click "NEXT" at the bottom right corner of the window:
6) Now, you will now need to match the information from your file with product attributes. You will see the column titles from your file appear on the left-side, while the product attributes appear on the right-side in drop-down menus.
The system will automatically map the fields from the file to the product attributes if there are matches. Otherwise, it will be blank and you can simply click it and select a product field from the drop-down menu.
If you do not wish to import certain information from the CSV file, then you can set it to "Do not import":
7) Once you've mapped all the CSV file information to the product attributes, you will click on "START IMPORT":
8) Your products will begin updating with the information in the CSV file. Please note that the process may take some time depending on the amount of product information you had in the file.
How do I check the status of the import?
After you have imported a CSV file, you can follow the steps in this article to learn how to review the status of the import and check for errors:
Moreover, you will also have a notification appear at the top-right of the dashboard, letting you know many products were created and providing you with a direct link to view more details in the "Imports Management" page:
If you have any more questions, you can search our Help Center or, click on the chat tool in the bottom right corner and we'll be happy to help!
tags: products catalog, catalog, update products, bulk update, import csv, upload csv, csv file, amazon, amazon asins, asins, amazon csv, amazon products, list from amazon, bulk upload, csv template, update via csv