In CrazyLister, we have preset most of the basic attributes that you'd need when importing a CSV file:
SKU, Parent SKU, ASIN, Title, Description, Category, Condition,
Condition Note, PriceUSD, PriceEURO, PriceGBP, PriceAUD, HandlingTime,
Quantity, Brand, UPC, EAN, Size, Color, Material, Country, Location,
PostalCode, PackageType, Images
Nonetheless, we understand that every seller is unique and that you may need additional attributes, so this article will take you through the set up and import process, step-by-step.
Keep reading below! 👇
Step 1: Review the CSV file
First of all, review your CSV file as see which are the additional attributes you would need to set up in CrazyLister.
For example: If you are listing T-shirts, then the fields Size, Color & Material are already supported by default. You can map CSV columns to product attributes in CrazyLister even if the names don't match exactly, (eg. "Main Color" can be mapped to "Color").
If you require a field that doesn't exist as a preset, then you will need to create custom attributes for that information (eg. Fit, Pattern, Department, Sleeve Length, and Occasion):
Step 2: Set up the attributes in CrazyLister
Now that you know which attributes you are going to create, you will head to the Attributes page to set them up.
1) At the top-left corner of the CrazyLister dashboard, click the menu icon (≡) > Products > Attributes:
2) Click on the green "+NEW ATTRIBUTE" button at the top of the page
3) In the dialogue window, enter an attribute Name and select the Data Type*, and then click "CREATE".
*There are three data types that you can choose from and it's important to select the correct one:
- Simple Select is used for attributes with a set list of values that you will enter repeatedly across multiple products. An attribute with the select type will provide you with a drop-down menu displaying all previously entered values to speed up your work process. [Eg. Inseam, Sleeve Length, Style, Department, etc.]
- Text is used for attributes that contain completely unique information for each product. This will be a single line of text, like a short sentence. [Eg. Subtitle, Additional Note, etc.]
- Number is used for numerical values only, no text will be allowed in this field. [Eg. Year, Month, Day, US Shoe Size, EU Shoe Size, etc.]
For example: A "Department" attribute would be Simple Select, because it would always be one of three possible values: "Men's", "Women's", or "Kids'".
Step 3: Import your CSV file to CrazyLister
The new custom attributes you created are ready and you can now go ahead and import your CSV file.
- At the top of the left-side menu panel, click on Products > Products Catalog.
- Next, lick on "IMPORT ⮟" at the top of the page, and select "Import new products" from the drop-down menu.
- In the dialogue window that appears, click on "PICK A CSV FROM YOUR COMPUTER" to select the file for upload.
- Once you have selected the file, click "NEXT".
After clicking "Next", you will see a Mapping dialogue where you will be matching the information from your file with the product attributes in CrazyLister. You will see the column titles from the CSV file on the left-side, while the CrazyLister product attributes appear on the right-side in drop-down menus.
If the column names are an exact match to the product attribute names, they will automatically map to one another. If not automatically matched, simply click on the drop-down menu to select a different value.
Once you're happy with the mapping selection, click on "START IMPORT" at the bottom right corner of the dialogue. The products will then start importing and populating the Products Catalog table.
Step 4: Review the imported products and attributes
Now that the products have been imported, you may notice that the custom attribute columns are not displaying right away. If you wish to add them into view, follow these steps:
1) Click on the column chooser icon at the top-right corner of the page, and select "Modify columns":
2) In the pop-up that appears, locate your custom attributes on the left side. Adding a check-mark beside a certain attribute will then add that attribute to the visible columns on the right side.
On the right side, under visible columns, you will also be able to change the order of the columns. The column at the top of the list will appear first (on the far left of the products page view), and the last one will appear last (on the far right of the products page view).
Once you are happy with your selection, click "APPLY" to save the changes:
If you have any more questions, you can search our Help Center or, click on the chat tool in the bottom right corner and we'll be happy to help!
tags: import csv, more attributes, new attributes, custom attributes, product attributes, products, attributes page, attributes, product attribute, attribute, create, manage, edit, revise, delete, where is the attributes page, csv upload, custom product attributes, csv import, csv file, additional columns, can i add columns