When you import products to the Products Catalog, the action gets recorded in the Imports Management page. The information displayed on this page allows you to track the import process and check for errors.
How can I access the Imports Management page?
To access this page, follow these steps:
1) Click on the Products Catalog icon on the left-side menu panel:
2) Click on "IMPORT ⮟" at the top left corner of the page, and select "Manage Imports" at the bottom of the drop-down menu:
What information will I find in the Imports Management page?
Here's an explanation of the data you will see:
- Status - A cloud icon indicating success and a red icon indicating errors.
- Source - The type of import selected (eg. eBay, Amazon.com CSV, etc.)
- Source name - The name of the uploaded file or account used for the upload.
- Progress - The status of the upload from 0% to 100%
- Started - The date and time that the import begun.
- Completed - The date and time that the import finished.
- Details - The number of products affected (created or updated) during the import.
- Error count - The total number of errors encountered.
What do I need to do if there were errors?
If the import action shows errors in the "Error count" column, you can hover the mouse cursor over the number of errors and then a download button will appear.
Clicking the download button will download a CSV file to your computer:
If you open the file, you will then get details of the errors. One error per row:
- Error code - A short code for the type of error encountered.
- Line - The location of the problematic product in the original file.
- Details - More information about the specific error code.
What do the different error codes mean?
There are a number of different error codes that you may encounter when uploading products:
- INVALID_ASIN - The ASIN entered for the product does not exist.
- IMAGE_COPY_FAILED - The image entered failed to upload.
- MISSING_ASIN - There was no ASIN entered for the product.
- MISSING_SKU - There was no SKU code entered for the product.
- EXISTING_SKU - A product with this SKU code already exists in your catalog.
- DUPLICATE_SKU_IN_FILE - The same SKU code was entered for multiple products in the file.
If you have any more questions, you can search our Help Center or, click on the chat tool in the bottom right corner and we'll be happy to help!
tags: products catalog, catalog, import csv, imports, manage imports, upload errors, csv file errors, upload details, import details, csv file, csv, product catalog, spreadsheet, excel file, csv spreadsheet, review imports, import from ebay, failed to upload, failed to import, uploading products