To import products into the Products Catalog in CrazyLister, you need to set up a CSV file with the relevant product attributes.
We advise to use our CSV template, which can be downloaded here:
If this is your first time working with a CSV file, please make sure to
use Excel or Google Sheets to open it.
The basic steps to prepare your CSV file:
- Download the CSV template from the link above.
- Open the file in a spreadsheet editor such as MS Excel or Google Sheets.
- Remove the example product information from rows 2-5, making sure NOT to delete the first row (this is the header row).
- Add your own product information under the relevant columns.
- Save the file back to your computer in CSV format.
Let's take a closer look!
If you use Google Sheets, this is what you will see when you open the CSV file for the first time:
There are three ways to set up each row, and depending on whether the product is a standalone, a parent (containing variations) or a child (the variation), you may or may not need to fill in certain fields. Here is a handy guideline:
- Required: SKU, Title, Description, Category, Condition, Price(s), Quantity, UPC or EAN, Image(s)
- Optional: ASIN, ConditionNote, HandlingTime, Brand, Size, Color, Material, Country, Location, PostalCode, PackageType
- Leave empty: Parent SKU
Parent Products (containing variations)
- Required: SKU, Title, Description, Category, Condition, Image(s)
- Optional: ConditionNote, HandlingTime, Country, Location, PostalCode, PackageType, Brand
- Leave empty: Parent SKU, ASIN, Size, Color, Material, Price(s), Quantity, UPC, EAN
Child Products (variations)
- Required: SKU, Parent SKU, Price(s), Quantity, UPC or EAN
- Optional: ASIN, Size, Color, Material, Brand, Image(s)
- Leave empty: Title, Description, Category, Condition, ConditionNote, HandlingTime, Country, Location, PostalCode, PackageType
How do I set up products with variations?
The key to creating products with variations is to use the "Parent SKU" column to associate a variation product with its parent. Setting the Parent SKU field to match the SKU field of the parent will link the two.
Here is an example of a CSV file containing one parent and 4 variations. Note how each variation has the SKU of the parent entered in the Parent SKU column:
All set? 🧾
Click below to learn about the upload process:
If you have any more questions, you can search our Help Center or, click on the chat tool in the bottom right corner and we'll be happy to help!
tags: products catalog, catalog, upload, import, csv, csv upload, upload csv, import csv, csv file, bulk upload, bulk import, in bulk, variations, product variations, products, parent, child, variation, standalone, variations, products with variations, csv with variations, variation listings