When you import products to the Products Catalog via a CSV file, every file upload is recorded in the Imports Management page. The information provided for each imported file is very important so that you can track the import process and check for errors.
How can I access the Imports Management page?
To access this page, follow these steps:
1) Click "PRODUCTS CATALOG" in the top menu:
2) Click on "IMPORT ⮟" at the top left corner of the page, and select "Manage Imports" from the drop-down menu:
What information will I find in the Imports Management page?
Here's an explanation of the data you will see:
- Source - The type of import selected (eg. Amazon.com CSV)
- Source name - The name of the uploaded file.
- Progress - The status of the upload from 0% to 100%
- Started - The date and time that the file was uploaded.
- Completed - The date and time that the file finished uploading.
- Details - The number of products affected (created or updated) from the file.
- Error count - The total number of errors in the imported file
What do I need to do if there were errors in the file?
If the imported file shows errors in the "Error count" column, you can hover the mouse cursor over the number of errors and then a download button will appear.
Clicking the download button will download a CSV file to your computer:
If you open the file, you will then get details of the errors. One error per row:
- Error code - A short code for the type of error encountered.
- Line - The location of the problematic product in the original file.
- Details - More information about the specific error code.
What do the different error codes mean?
There are a number of different error codes that you may encounter when uploading products:
- INVALID_ASIN - The ASIN entered for the product does not exist.
- IMAGE_COPY_FAILED - The image entered failed to upload.
- MISSING_ASIN - There was no ASIN entered for the product.
- MISSING_SKU - There was no SKU code entered for the product.
- EXISTING_SKU - A product with this SKU code already exists in your catalog.
- DUPLICATE_SKU_IN_FILE - The same SKU code was entered for multiple products in the file.
If you have any more questions, you can search our Help Center or, click on the chat tool in the bottom right corner and we'll be happy to help!
tags: products catalog, catalog, import csv, imports, manage imports, upload errors, csv file errors, upload details, import details, csv file, csv, product catalog, spreadsheet, excel file, csv spreadsheet